Thursday, August 18, 2016



Deidre Fennie presents “Snowbird”



My project, Snowbird, was created at my husband's favorite nudist colony. The fact that he was a nudist wasn't exactly a secret; he just didn't tell anyone. It was a reprieve from the daily stresses of life, and was a favorite place of his to visit for over 30 years. I would often accompany him and began a series of photographs capturing the community who had all come to their natural states for a wide variety of reasons.




My husband passed away a year ago after a long struggle with Parkinson's disease. In his absence, I went back and revisited our trailer, and the life we once had. Overcome by a range of emotion, I struggled to feel part of the community my husband so identified with. In continuing this series, I feel a new connection to a way of life that brought him so much happiness. 



Dedicated to Jack "Pete" Fennie With all my love


More of Deidre Fennie’s work can be found at http://www.deidrephotos.com/



1 comment: