Monday, August 22, 2016


Tom Szabadi presents "A Different View"



As an 8 year old in New York City, I would travel on the subways to visit my parents' small store. I would rarely talk to anyone, just kept my eyes open and saw all that came before me. I never realized it then, but I was taking photographs without a camera. I found beauty in abandoned items.




As an adult and a street photographer, I am drawn to fleeting moments in time. Sometimes those moments involve interest in beauty where you least expect it; of stories told in abandoned and discarded items where the symmetry of geometry and reality ring true.


The series, "A Different View", attempts to celebrate those mundane cityscapes we pass by every day. What do they say about us, about our city, about the people who were there before they became elusive?




For more photography from Tom, please go to https://www.facebook.com/TomSzabadiImages/

No comments:

Post a Comment