Monday, August 22, 2016


Shari Yantra Marcacci presents
"The Journey"



Infertility is not something people talk about. It is mostly kept secret to protect oneself from getting hurt. I certainly didn't talk about it, until now.




After a period of trying and failure, I felt the need to express my sorrow and pain through photographs. I needed to give voice to our struggle in order to survive the emotions of loss and wanting. I needed this experience to be seen, to be heard and to be understood.



In the process of interpreting our journey, I came to the powerful realization: our child was giving us the time to find ourselves. This path made us realize who we really are and what we want for the future. It made us conquer our fears and old traumas. It made us grow beyond the idea that a child would complete us.


Some say that children choose their parents and if that is true, we have been given the gift of time and self-knowledge. After over three years of silence I have decided to reveal the secret with my very personal series The Journey. My hope is to bring infertility out of the shadows and begin a conversation.


To see more of Shari Yantra's photography, http://www.shariyantra.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment